The Evangelical Covenant Church is a vibrant, diverse and growing group of more than 825 churches whose work spans across more than 53 countries. Started in 1885 by Swedish immigrants, the Covenant has a passion for seeing people engage in a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, across more populations, in a more caring and just world.
The Covenant church has 6 affirmations that help define the views and ethos of the denomination:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers
- We affirm the conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ
More on the affirmations can be found here. Additionally, this video from one of our denomination’s former presidents, Gary Walter, gives a great introduction to our larger church family. Our denominational website has additional resources and information as well.